‘Soul Care’ Discovery:
The desires of my heart as revealed in my hopes and dreams may be my soul’s way of nudging me to take the first step into a God-sized adventure.
I will care for my soul by:
- listening to and trusting my hopes and dreams.
- praying Psalm 25:4 often—“Show me your ways; teach me your paths.”
- determining the next action steps I need to take.
- remembering God has always been faithful to lead me in right paths.
I will seek to avoid:
- assuming I know God’s best plan without praying before taking action.
- permitting voices from past disappointments or failures to keep me from moving forward.
- ‘what-iffing,’ ‘yes-butting, ‘should-ing,’ and ‘put-offing.’
‘Soul Care’ Practice:
Lately, I’ve been thinking about what steps I need to take in order to accomplish a longtime dream. I guess that’s why Christine Caine’s recent message resonated deeply.
For quite a while I’ve been receiving Christine’s inspirational e-mail, First Things First. I recently finished reading her book, Unashamed. The life and ministry of this dynamic woman are both amazing and inspiring.
Christine prefaced her message with a Scripture verse that’s been a guiding light to me since becoming very real during one of the darkest segments of my life journey.
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. (James 1:5).
Next, Christine asked her readers to consider five excellent questions—questions I’m pondering:
“1. Have you been where you are long enough?…
2. Is it time to break out of where you are and run to where you are going?…
3. Is it time to advance?…
4. Is it time to forget the past …?…
5. Does it seem impossible?…
I encourage you to read Christine Caine’s entire article, and if you’d like a good dose of daily encouragement and challenge, subscribe to receive her posts.
Today, I conclude by asking you some additional questions I’ve also been asking myself lately:
- What is the ‘next step’ you need to take?
- Is what’s keeping you from taking that step the voice of the Lord saying, “It’s not quite time.”
- Or, is it my fear or insecurity speaking?
Blessings on the adventures awaiting us…
P.S. The footprints in the photo are mine etched in the sands of Hanalei Beach in Kauai, Hawaii. (Loved that beach!!)